Over the next 24 months we are scaling our production of industrial servo valve products up to ~30,000pa from our brand new UK facility. Our products combine metal Additive Manufactured parts, high precision machining, electronics assemblies, high speed brushless DC electric motors and a range of other parts, and we are looking for someone to lead our production activities.
The Head of Production will be responsible for leading this expansion, with a focus on both delivery of product to customers today (on time, to cost and quality) as well as creating a world-class digital-twin led production facility with centralised processes to enable and underpin our growth going forwards.
Ultimately, you will deliver quality products to our customers with world-class lead times, high gross margins and at an ever-increasing rate, making a significant positive impact on the world.
Delivery of our servo valve products to customers, with 99% on time delivery, a gross margin of >60% (specific component cost targets will be set) and a lead time of <6 weeks by end of 2022.
- Establish and manage our supply chain to ensure resilience and security of supply for our existing and projected sales volumes.
- Working with the Executive team, develop and implement our growth strategy to increase servo valve capacity to 30,000 pa (from ~1,500pa today) by mid 2024, addressing:
- Facilities & capital equipment
- People and organisation structure
- Make/buy strategy
- Digital systems and data flow
- Capital investment and support
- Establishment, recruitment and management of the Production team.
Manage new product introduction, continuous improvement and capability acquisition to maintain our leading market position.
Proven experience of managing production operations to deliver products to customers on time, to cost, in volumes exceeding 25,000 parts pa
- Implementation and use of digital systems to manage manufacturing and production operations
- Proven ability to build a high performing team to deliver on demanding technical and commercial requirements
- Ability to manage large projects and programmes to deliver upon strategic goals
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, both internal and external to the company, including reporting
- A drive for personal growth, development and success
- Experience of delivering products into automotive, hydraulics or aerospace markets
Experience of implementing smart factory technologies and systems
- Experience of implementing MRP systems
- High skill level in data processing, assimilation and dissemination to drive decisions and reporting
- 56 days off consisting of 22 days to use as you like, 26 fixed days (alternate Fridays off) + public bank holidays
- Employee share scheme
- High performance computing kit and accessories
- Employer pension scheme (5% contribution)
- Corporate discount scheme (Perkbox)
- Cycle to work scheme
- A culture committed to continuous personal and professional development
- Amazing people and more